Avocado and Mango Salad with Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing
Recipe via http://www.mountainmamacooks.com
Yield: 2 large salads
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (or Vegenaise author recommends)
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- 3/4 cup avocado oil or other light flavored oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- mixed greens
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 mango, sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons toasted, unsweetened coconut
- To make dressing, whisk the minced shallots, lime, orange and lemon juices with the mustard, mayonnaise and honey. Slowly whisk in the oil until the dressing is creamy. Stir in the poppy seeds and season with salt and pepper.
- Divided desired amount of greens between two bowls. Divide the sliced mango and avocado between the two salads. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and drizzle with desired amount of dressing.
Notes: There will be enough dressing for more than two salads. Use desired amount of dressing and save rest for another use.